Wanting to keep those pearly white teeth their whitest? You already know that it is important to brush and floss daily and to see a dentist on a regular basis — and to avoid smoking or chewing tobacco. You also should consider that certain foods and beverages will also stain your teeth.
- Wine – Red wine is an acidic beverage that is notorious for staining your teeth, but white wine also promotes staining.
- Black coffee and Black tea – The darker the beverage the more staining will occur. Herbal, green, and white teas are less likely to cause staining
- Berries – Blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, cherries, grapes, and pomegranates will also stain your teeth due to their intense colour.
- Curry – Tasty, but the yellow-staining food can be harsh on your teeth
- Soft Drinks – The high acidic levels promotes staining of your enamel
Just as there are many foods that can stain your teeth there are just as many foods that will help keep them white. The best ones include carrots, celery, and apples. Vegetables such as lettuce, spinach and broccoli are also great at helping you keep that bright white smile.